Saturday, November 22, 2014

A Moment of Silent Gratitude

anted memories that yellow with time...love has graced my life and overflowed my cup in the form of tears and laughter, shared meals and cupcakes, incredibly thoughtful gifts that I don't feel I deserve, and hugs, so many warm hugs....how can one person receive so much without wondering why and wondering how I will ever pay it all forward? moving here to the west coast was a huge leap of faith, enabled by an awesome community of support...but in the middle of Wednesdays meditation last night in Santa Clara, the sadness of letting go and moving forward began to sink in, followed by that familiar fear of the unknown...it occurred to me then that perhaps this overflowing cup of love is waiting to be shared....it needs to be shared in every moment, with every passing interaction in nature, with animals, or with my fellow human beings...but it takes courage to honor the love you have been given and pay it forward into the world...to see opportunities to give, even when you're not sure it will be received...this is the most challenging for me, this is my edge...what better way to make the mind stop than to push against your edges and be in a state of love?

This passage by Kent Nerburn expresses it best:

"Love has its time, its own season, its own reason for coming and going. You cannot bribe it or coerce it, or reason it into staying. You can only embrace it when it arrives and give it away when it comes to you. [...] Love always has been and always will be a mystery. Be glad that it came to live for a moment in your life."

No comments: